Friday, June 20, 2014

God never fails

Shalom friends,
     I want to let you know how much I look forward to this day when I get to share my experiences that happened during the week. On Saturday, we welcomed our 2nd STM team and we were excited to greet them and get to know them. They were a blast because most of them were high school which was awesome to see their openness to missions. It was great to see their excitement and joy to learn about people groups. It meant so much to me because I know God is going to use these students for his kingdom.
     This week, to be honest, has been discouraging and tiring. At times, I felt like I can't do this but seeing others have the joy and passion to serve has given me perseverance. I'm reminded that missions and people groups are worth it. Serving God is worth it no matter how hard or challenging it is. The Enemy has been placing barriers of past struggles and distractions on my mind. I try so hard to forget them and get rid of them that I become more aware of my struggles. I feel like what Paul says about doing the tings that I don't want to do and not doing the things that I should be doing. Also, the temperature has increased in hotness which has brought moments of tiredness and weariness. It's been difficult to drink plenty of water. Lately, I've been concerned with my weight which is ok. But things like these have definitely been distracting me from what God is showing and teaching me.
    I do have positive moments that happened this week. I just realized that days that I've been discouraged, somehow, God brings encouragement and divine opportunities to remind me that he hasn't left and things are going good. On Tues. I had the opportunity to visit a home and the Burmese woman was explaining her life story but also having some questions as to why people look different. She could not figure out how from two people, Adam and Eve, there could be diverse people. So, I tried to explain to her in simple words that scientifically there are chemicals in us that makes us grow hair a certain texture and pigment in our skin to make us lighter or darker. But also, a mom and dad can give a child either their hair color or skin color. So, she shook her head to say that she understood. Then she went on asking if all Americans were tall meaning the same size. I told her no that there are various people who are different in size. I began to tell her about the establishment of America, and how people from England wanted to worship God freely so they went to a new country. After they made their new life in America, others from Europe, Asia, and Africa came over to America to have a new life either to worship God freely or to be free from their country's laws. She seemed to understand and went on talking about life. It was a cool experience for me to be able to use a spiritual gift that God has given to me. Just a short explanation as to why I say that. I have a hard time knowing my spiritual gifts and most of the time I have to ask my family and friends what they see in me. So, I had prayed and asked God to reveal to me what my spiritual gifts are that he put in me and God answered my request. I hope to discover more gifts that God has put in me as I continue to seek him and just be myself in everything I do. God has a way of surprising me and be in complete awe of him.

 Some prayer request I have:
  1. Getting the opportunity to share a Bible story by the Holy Spirit's leading
  2. Always being ready in and out of season
  3. Surrendering my fears and worries to God
  4. Not being complacent but continue to have a passionate attitude and lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment