I can't find the right words to describe what has happened this week. Let me first say that God was moving but Satan was moving harder. This week was about learning and practicing discipleship, evangelism, and Discovery Bible Story. Each day was a chance to tell a Bible story to the community within the homes of refugees. God definitely took me out of my comfort zone to tell a story to a refugee. You may say that should have been easy but it's difficult because your flesh is nervous and Satan is attacking. I know that one of the thoughts I had when trying to tell a story, was "there has to be a right time." I have learned that there is no right time for all time is in God's hand and he chooses who I am to share his story as well as my own. This week I had a chance to share his story as well as my own and I wasn't afraid or shy but I felt comfortable and at ease to share. Now, I want to share at any moment with anyone about God's story. It is through the power of the Holy Spirit that empowers me to share with confidence. Oh, yes, my confidence grows more and more the more I step out and obey God.
The major out of my comfort zone that I did was evangelizing. I always felt like I wasn't able to evangelize because I was afraid to share and I was afraid that I would never be good at it. The thing I realized was how "me" focus those thoughts were and it's not about me but GOD. I'm going to be straight honest and say it was challenging, frustrating, discouraging (plenty of that), and stretching. The first day of our evangelizing in Woodside Village was prayer walking which was an amazing time. There is a sense of God's power and love for the refugees. I feel like when I pray for them I know God hears me and knows that my heart for them is in tune to his heart for them. I love that because I truly am seeking for God's kingdom to expand and be fulfilled.
Passing out Jesus films and asking if they wanted prayer was probably the most "put myself out there" action I have ever done. The struggle for me and my team was introducing ourselves and being cultural sensitive. Also the struggle of having doors being closed in our faces and being told that they're not interested. Yet, in those times of discouragement God made a way for doors to be open and hearts willing to listen and receive. One Muslim family invited us into their home and we got to know them though they were not persuaded with the Gospel but they were accepting to hearing us share. We met other families who were seemingly interested but were busy or the awkward silence became the closing to our conversation. One of our goals was finding a Person of Peace within the family. This person of peace is someone who has an understanding of God and has an infant or mature relationship with God. It is then our responsibility to begin discipling that person in order for them to share and disciple others within their family and friends. Also, that they may begin their own house churches and grow as the body of Christ. To sum up this week's events, everything that happened was always in God's hand. He was there every second and minute of our time out in the community as we struggled in evangelizing. It was worth it because God is worth it and so do the refugees.
Some prayer requests I have:
- Struggling with thoughts of purpose and asking God to reaffirm daily why I am here in GA.
- Resist against Satan's attacks such as thoughts of God punishing me and being judged for being here for so long.
- Fears and worries concerning financial aid for my last semester at LBC.
- I want to treasure in my heart every moment of my time here and even when I'm home and at work.
- Continue to be confident as I share my testimony and God's story.
- To stop apologizing for the Holy Spirit leading me to share a lengthy story among my team or anyone
No comments:
Post a Comment