Friday, June 13, 2014

Shalom Friends,
   This past week has been crazy busy but so fulfilling in the Holy Spirit. I'm constantly reminded how amazing this internship is going. This is just two weeks. Yet so much has happened. On Saturday, we had our first STM (Short term mission) team which was incredible. Everyone was excited to meet each other and share what this past week was going to look like. Their excitement and anticipation for this week really increased our passion to teach them. We had opportunities to go on home visits, some went to the community garden (where my program is for the summer), and then teaching ESL (English as Second Language). Then at times I had opportunities to get to know them and hear what God is doing in their lives. It was amazing to here their hearts for God and missions. Even though it was hot and tiring, they pushed on and continued to have a blast with us and with the refugee families.
   During a home visit, I met a Nepali woman who invited us to her house and then she showed us her garden. It was beautiful. Then we went to her aunt's home and listened and watched Nepali Christian music with interpretative dancing. It was pretty cool. Then on Wednesday we went to another Nepali family and I connected with the wife. We talked about her job as a retailer in a clothing, accessories, and nail company. She works with many Koreans. Oh, this is funny. I've been called a celebrity because many Burmese, Nepalese, and Cairn refugees love Korean culture. =) So, it has been said that God definitely put me here for a purpose.
   Another awesome moment was that I was asked by a Burmese man if I was a Christian. I hesitated but then answered: yes. Then I asked him and he said yes. It was one of those moments where I knew this was a test for me that God wanted me to experience. I'm so glad that it happened because now I'm not afraid of sharing my faith and I hope to explain more in depth.
   Lately, God has been teaching me about resting because I tend to go, go, go and not take time for myself to be refilled in Him. Also, to rest my body because I'll be more effective and attentive then. Another point that God has been teaching me is constantly being a learner and trader in ministry because not only do the refugees learn but I myself learn so much from them. Becoming more people-oriented than a task-oriented.

Some prayers I have on mind:
  1. Knowing when to rest
  2. Dreaming good ones and not scary ones
  3. Expanding my faith by taking steps
  4. Good health

No comments:

Post a Comment