This week has been amazing for God is truly working through lives of the refugees and even through my team. I'm so blessed by my team and the STM team because there is a heart for community and growth for God's kingdom to come. I can't emphasize enough the power of God this week. God has brought opportunities for my team to grow and become better leaders for our STM team and with each other. In the garden, we have led Discovery Bible Studies which God's presence was evident and the testimonies shared about God's faithfulness and sovereignty were amazing. I'm always encouraged by them, and I find myself processing God's character and sovereignty through every story that is told. If I could give a statement to describe this week, it would be: team effort through God's sovereigns hand. Truly God has been noticed and adored through everything we have done. I just give him praise, honor, glory, and credit for providing teaching moments.
I have a few highlights that I want to share with you. First, the joy I had to exercise my leadership ability and walk with confidence that God was going to bring opportunities for me and my team to learn. God had placed on my heart to visit this young girl I had met a week ago and I looked forward to knowing her more. When my team and I arrived at her home, I found out they are Hindu (pray for them) but she was a Believer. We met her three sisters, her father, and her grandmother, as well as their care giver. It was awkward at first, but we began to ask questions about their life and if they like being in America. The oldest girl, who I connected easily, did not like America as much as Nepal. She asked questions about God and if dragons were real. They had been watching a TV show that had fairies, magic, and mystical creatures, which I noticed an influence in these girls lives (pray for more of a yearning for God). These girls are so precious but needing a mentor in their lives to help them grow and mature in their walk with God. Their father, mother, and grandmother are Hindu but they are slightly open to Christianity. Their father is very kind, hospitable, and easy to talk to. There is such respect and honor within this family and they have in some ways "adopted" my team as part of their family. I mean God's hand in that is incredible!!! Sadly they are moving at the end of July to Ohio (pray for safety and people willing to hel them to move) for a job opportunity and to live with the father's brother. My hope and desire is to keep in touch with this family. The oldest girl wants me to come and live with them. =) (Since I live in PA I'm a bit close to Ohio) Don't worry I'm not moving ;) .
The other highlight of my week is truly trusting God and KNOWING his sovereignty in my life as well as my team's life. I was in a minor car accident and through it I had complete peace and truly felt God's arms around me. He comforted me as I was hurting and he comforted the Jessee family. I can truly say that God has given me an increase of faith and courage to trust him through any life happenings. I was frightened, shaken, and in awe of how precious life is and knowing that I have no control in my life or in the lives of others. No doubt that God is more than able to save and protect and have a purpose through this blows my mind and I'm just standing in complete joy that he cares for me. I serve an amazing God and please get to know him more because he cares for you too. My prayer is for ALL to know God and experience is glory and love the way I do. You will find yourself loving him more and more when he does something extravagant in your life.
Some prayer requests:
- The car accident plays in my mind over and over, just for God to heal that
- The Hindu family to accept Christ and for the girls to have a godly mentor in their lives
- Adjustment when going back home (July 22) and to learn to be content wherever I am
No comments:
Post a Comment